FAL IP regularly advises clients on trade marks, branding and related matters of the law. We manage local and international trade mark portfolios. This is across a vast array of sectors. Particularly, online clothing retail, beauty products, government initiatives, biosciences, and beyond.
We are able to file international trade mark registrations with the World Intellectual Property Organization. Moreover, we work with a vast network of overseas trade mark associates. Subsequently, we can assist our clients with any international trade mark protection. And importantly, in a timely and efficient manner.
Our general trade mark services include
- general advice and strategies regarding protection of branding in respect of any product, service or business
- advising on the likelihood of registering proposed trade marks in Australia and New Zealand
- managing global trade mark portfolios, to take the worry out of managing a complex IP portfolio
- investigating instances of potential trade mark infringement
- trade mark register monitoring services, allowing us to update our clients in real time of any potential conflicts in new trade marks
- filing trade marks internationally using the ‘Madrid Protocol’, or by working with our large network of overseas associates
- filing and prosecuting trade marks in Australia and New Zealand, including responding to examiner reports and other relevant actions
We offer trademark litigation services, including:
- trade mark oppositions, non-use proceedings and revocation proceedings
- advising on infringement and trade mark enforcement matters. Primarily, drafting of cease and desist letters, negotiating licences or co-existence arrangements, mediation. And subsequently, initiating court proceedings where appropriate
- advising on related actions in respect of “passing off” and misleading and deceptive conduct
In conclusion, a well-protected and properly managed brand is vital to the success of any business. This is regardless of the industry. Above all, our team understands the importance of protecting and maintaining our clients’ brands. And equally, enforcing their rights.
FAL IP is backed by FAL Lawyers, an Australian law firm internationally recognised as at the forefront of technology commercialisation. FAL Lawyers negotiate licensing and commercialisation deals in industry sectors, in biotechnology and agribusiness. And additionally, mining and defence.
For more detail on how FAL Lawyers can assist, see www.fal-lawyers.com.au.